Physicians' Board - Dr. Ronald S. Gibbs
Professor and Chairman
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
University of Colorado Health Science Center
Denver, Colorado (USA)
Dr. Ronald Gibbs has been Chair of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Colorado for over 15 years. He holds the E. Stewart Taylor endowed chair in Obstetrics and Gynecology, which is in honor of the first full-time chairman of the department. Dr. Gibbs received his MD degree at the University of Pennsylvania and was a Resident in Obstetrics and Gynecology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. After completing military service at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C., he joined the faculty at the University of Texas from 1976 to 1989, when he became Chair at CU.
Dr. Gibbs is certified in basic obstetrics and gynecology and maternal fetal medicine.
Dr. Gibbs is nationally known for his expertise in genital tract infections and high-risk pregnancies. His professional activities include:
- Dr. Gibbs is currently President of the American Gynecologic and Obstetrical Society, the senior academic organization for the specialty.
- Former Director and Treasurer of the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Former member of the Residency Review Committee
- Former President of the Infectious Disease Society for Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Former President Colorado Gynecologic and Obstetrical Society
- Trustee American Association of Obstetricians & Gynecologists Foundation
Dr. Gibbs is married and has two married children.
Dedicated to Women's and Children's Well-being and Health Care Worldwide